I have seen several of these on Facebook. “You know you go to UBC when…” “You know you’re from BC when…” “You know you’re Indian when…”
I can’t find an SFU one. So, I’m taking suggestions.
You know you go to SFU (Burnaby) when…
- you know how to get between any two points on campus on a rainy day without getting wet.
- you know that “a rainy day” is synonymous with “a day”.
- the people at Renaissance know your drink order before you say it.
- Parminder at Renaissance knows you by name.
- you longer wonder where floors 1-6 are.
- you can actually find the first floor in the AQ.
- you have even been stuck on the hill because of 1 inch of snow.
- you notice when people you don’t even know are studying in the wrong place, because they usually study over there [points].
- you have an opinion about the CFS… a STRONG opinion.
- heading for the bus stop, you look at your watch: if it’s 20 after, you kill ten minutes to wait out the bus rush.
- you have found yourself unable to remember significant parts of a Pub Night (or GIC Social).
- you have used a cafeteria tray to slide down the slopes near the gym after it snowed.
- “Purple Library Guy” doesn’t make you think of a lame superhero.
- … you know Purple Library Guy’s story.
- you can talk about “the Clan” without thinking about white hoods and torches.
- you are surprised when you meet your TA and they speak English.
- you ever decided not to take a course so you wouldn’t have to come to campus on Tuesdays.
- you know every takeout place that delivers to campus.
- you know several people that ride up the hill but would never do it yourself–that’s crazy.
- you have had an argument on the various merits of study locations on campus.
- you’d go to your prof’s office hours, if you could only find their office.
- you can walk from the Skytrain to the 145 stop with your eyes closed.
- it would never occur to you to ask “which one” when somebody refers to a “pub”.
- it’s going to take you seven years to finish your undergrad, but you’re okay with that.
- you have “gone swimming” in the pond in the AQ. Once. Never again.
- you have spent five minutes looking for your car in the parking lot before realizing you’re on the wrong level.
Okay, I’m out. Please add more in comments. More for inspiration.